Thursday, May 06, 2004

Bush pauses to comfort teen

This picture and accompanying story gets to the heart of why I will vote for George Bush in November. I don't agree on every policy, I wish he was a better speaker and sometimes I think he doesn't use the bully pulpit enough, but he is genuine. Agree or disagree with him, President Bush has a core of beliefs and a vision for the future. He has basic ideals and principles. He doesn't change his mind for political expediency. Senator Kerry has no such record or reputation. It really isn't all about politics, and maybe I shouldn't link this genuinely touching story with a political campaign, but it truly is why I admire George Bush. He knows who and what he is, he is genuine and honest, and he doesn't sway when times get tough.

No comments: