Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Fending Off a Plagiarist

This precautionary tale of a professor who had to Fend Off a Plagiarist has me contemplating pulling the stuff from the "My Works" section of the OSB. Some of the stuff could form the basis of actual research, after all, and I don't want to one day be faced with accusations of plagiarism from someone who plagiarised me, simply because they published my work first. I have an innate desire to want to trust people, some think that is a weakness, but I can't help it. I'd usually rather think the best of people, than assume that they will do wrong. Yet, in this case, I think I will have to listen to the cynical side and pull my work. Instead, I'll place an abstract online for each item and tell people that if they want to look at the whole piece, they can email their request.

No comments: