Wednesday, October 05, 2005

We Interrupt the Miers debate for some Marriage Debate

As I recall, the Netherlands has served as a same-sex marriage panacea. Well, I found this on the Family Scholars Blog:
Last Friday the first civil union of three partners was registered. Victor de Bruijn (46) from Roosendaal “married” both Bianca (31) and Mirjam (35) in a ceremony before a notary who duly registered their civil union.

“I love both Bianca and Mirjam, so I am marrying them both,” Victor said…“A marriage between three persons is not possible in the Netherlands, but a civil union is. We went to the notary in our marriage costume and exchanged rings. We consider this to be just an ordinary marriage.”

BOOM! Oh, excuse me while I pick myself up. My, that slope was SO slippery!!!
Heh.

No comments: