Thursday, June 30, 2005

L'il this, li'l that

A British reporter discovers that "In person Mr Bush is so far removed from the caricature of the dim, war-mongering Texas cowboy of global popular repute that it shakes one’s faith in the reliability of the modern media." Wow. Really?

Red State looks at the apparent fractiousness of the GOP majority and sees nothing historically unique. That's just the way it works. Political self-interest takes precedent over grand, over-arching reforms almost every time. Cutting other people's pork is fine, just leave mine alone!

Orin Kerr examines the usefullness of blog debates and whether they actually accomplish anything.

I always new there was something inherently wild about oboists!

Civil War Historian Shelby Foote has passed.

Here's a bit more than the boilerplate version of the history of the Declaration of Independence.

The rest of the world still doesn't seem to like us. Sports fans recognize this is just another version of cheering for the underdog. After all, other than a Yankees fan, who wants the pinstripes to win? There are plenty of other analogies: no one cheers for U.S. Steel, or IBM, or GM, etc. There, how's that for a shallow analyis?

Still more
on what caused the fall of the Western Roman Empire. It was the Huns!

3 comments:

Tom Naka said...

Help! I am lost. I was searching for magellan health services
and somehow ended up here. How that happened I don't know, however I do like your Blog a lot. Would you mind if I add your Blog to my favorites page so others can visit?

wbrant said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a macbeth by shakespeare site/blog. It pretty much covers macbeth by shakespeare related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a works of william shakespeare site. It pretty much covers works of william shakespeare related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)