Thursday, November 18, 2004

Geraghty nails it for me regarding Andrew Sullivan

I've not mentioned Andrew Sullivan for some time now as I have come to believe that he has become intellectually unstable. Jim Geraghty of NRO's The Kerry Spot summed it up best
By the way, some left-of-center friends who saw Sullivan's appearance on the season finale of Bill Maher's HBO show were up in arms recently, calling Sully a far-right conservative. I pointed out that label is at least not always accurate, as he recently called me 'desperate and unconvincing.'
I'm sure many Kerry Spot readers who read Sullivan during this campaign season would conclude that he was, when decision time came, a loud anti-Bush lefty. The lesson? Where one places him on the political spectrum depends on when you read or hear him and what he's writing or talking about.
Exactly. Further, this will be the last mention of Mr. Sullivan on this blog.

No comments: