Tuesday, August 24, 2004

On Teacher's Salaries Redux

Justin Katz has elaborated on this post I made a couple days ago about the situation regarding the Warwick Teachers' Union and their contract demands.

Justin first summarizes the exchange between David Sweeney, a lawyer versed in contract negotiation, who responded to James Hosey, a retired teacher. Hosey originally attempted to refute many of the points originally put forth by Donald Hawthorne in an earlier ProJo Op-Ed. (The same Donald Hawthorne from which I received some statistical evidence, btw.)

Justin then updated some of my figures, particularly regarding the wage and benefits disparity between public and private workers in Rhode Island and as compared to other states. He also included some nice graphs to aid in the presentation. (I wish my bandwidth allowed for that!).

No comments: