Thursday, October 23, 2003

Just some random thoughts....

I've listened to most of the latest KISS with Symphony thing and I have to say, as a lifelong KISS fan, ahhhh, not gettin' it done guys. Some music just doesn't lend itself to full orchestral treatment. Yours is an example. Hope this means you haven't hit ROCK BOTTOM.

The Grady Little debate has officially exceeded its time allotment. Move on everyone. He's gone. Let's....*sigh*....wait 'til next year.

PC is going to have a good basketball team. Wonder if any of the players will be in my Grad. History classes ;)

I saw that TV execs are in distress and confounded because their ratings are down. They tried to blame Nielsen, the ratings service. One of the Nielsen people stated what seemed to me to be the obvious. Maybe it's the quality of the shows.

A guy in my office is worried that too many people are jumping on the Patriots bandwagon. He's apparently afraid that this means doom. We'll see. Ain't it great being a superstitious sports fan. Too bad there aren't that many here in New England...

I pay attention to politics, but even I'm not really paying too much attention to the Democrat Primaries. Political junkies beware, you are talking to yourselves, no one else cares right now.

In an odd irony, I'm enjoying my course in Historical Methodology more than the one covering the Civil War. I think I'm a geek, or at least a scientific method nerd. Must be my engineering background showing through. Though I have to admit I do enjoy research and Methodology is about good research techniques. I'm also just plain intrinsically interested in the Philosophy of History, (regular Philosophy too) which is something I never studied before, except on my own.

I am doing a research paper on the impact of the Civil War on French Canadian immigration (or would it be emigration) to New England. I have lots of sources, and am 1/3 of the way through the rough draft. A long way to go. And when I'm done, I'll be tackling a comparative book review on two works about Joshua L. Chamberlain. Fun.

That's it for now. Hope I didn't bore.


No comments: