Wednesday, July 30, 2003

I decided to do my part for the economy by spending a portion of the tax rebate on a new computer. Actually, on computer components. I'm a semi-geek and began building my own systems a few years ago. Once you start, you have a hard time legitimizing to yourself buying anything off the shelf again. Anyway, here are a couple sights that I used to get the parts I needed. First, checkout Spoofee.com which has the inside track on ways to get great deals, as does Slickdeals. Also, comparison shopping is a must, try either Pricegrabber, Nextag, or Techbargains. They also include opinions on products from other consumers. Similarly, and finally, I have always found Epinions to be an invaluable resource in canvassing reviews from the Average Joe. Just beware of company "plants" and people who really don't know what they're doing but still offering opinions! Amazon also has good reviews, usually both "professional" and consumer.

No comments: